Rapé (pronounced rah-PAY) also known as Hapé, is a sacred shamanic tool for clearing intentions and paving the way for detoxifying the body. Hapé stimulates the nervous system, enabling the body to become more receptive to all levels of communication. Hapé has been used by healers of the Amazon for thousands of years. It is a complex blend of plants, which is crushed into very fine powder and administered through the nostrils with a special blowpipe. Once ingested, the powder causes blood vessels in the brain to dilate. This leads to increased blood circulation, and consequently, to increased focus and intuition.
Hapé brings immediate focus and opens the entire freed mind space for your intentions. It helps release emotional, physical, and spiritual illnesses and eases negativity and confusion, enabling a thorough grounding of the mind. Just as Shamans have done for ages, you can use Hapé to re-align with your energy channels and with your higher self. This ancient medicine intensifies your connection with the world and the universe.
What are the benefits of Hapé?
- Helps focus and sharpen the mind
- Releases emotional, physical and spiritual illnesses
- Clears a person or space of distracting, unbalanced energies
- Detoxes both body and mind and clears your energetic field. Because of this, Hapé is often used in conjunction with Ayahuasca ceremonies.
- Provides a calming, grounding effect on the emotions that lasts much longer than the initial sensation
- Can be used in conjunction with other healing modalities such as breath work.
How do we use Rapé?
This warrior medicine from the Amazon is blown into your nostrils with a pipe called Kuripe. Sitting down in a meditation, the participant will state a personal intention and speak a sacred prayer inviting the medicine into this ritual. The herbal powder often mixed with sacred tobacco is first blown into the left nostril representing death, then into the right nostril representing re-birth or life. During this experience, which lasts for approximately 20 minutes, focusing on the intention is key and practicing of letting go of everything else. A meditative state of mind and body takes you out of your mind away from negative, worrying thoughts into your positive emotions of bliss, grounding and relaxation.